Video demo of signing up for and connecting to online classes.
What classes will be offered by JLC?
The following classes will be phased in by Sunday 29th March. These classes will be available to join live, or to watch for a period of time after broadcast. Please note: You must purchase the class before broadcast even if you are not watching until later:
- Sundays 10am - 11am - 'Overcoming Anxiety' class.
- Sundays 2:30 - 4:30pm & Tuesday 7 - 9pm - 'Foundation Programme'. In these classes we study a whole book in detail. Classes involve an attendance commitment, please enquire if you'd like more information.
- Sundays 7:30 - 8:45pm - Weekly meditation class.
- Mondays to Friday 10 - 10:30am - 'Calm Your Mind' guided meditation. These guided meditations will be by donation.
- Mondays 1 - 2:15pm - Weekly meditation class
- Wednesdays 7:30 - 9pm - 'In-Depth' meditation class.
- Thursdays 7:30 - 8:45pm - Weekly meditation class
- Saturdays 10 - 1pm - Half day courses, various topics.
We will also be live streaming daily prayers starting Monday 30th March. Please see our 'prayers' page for more info.
How do I join these classes?
The steps to join a class are as follows:
- Click on the class or course you're interested in. This will take you to it's listing on the ticketing service, 'Eventbrite'. You'll need to register with Eventbrite. IMPORTANT: You must register before broadcast even if you are not watching until later. Registration closes when broadcast begins.
- Pick your ticket option. Each person watching must have a ticket, just like if you were going to a face-to-face event.
- You will receive an email from Eventbrite with a link to our streaming service, 'Zoom'.
- Click the link and fill in the registration details to let zoom know you'll be attending the class.
- Click this link around the time of broadcast (you can join the broadcast late if need be). If this is your first online class give yourself some extra time to set things up.
- Follow the instructions on the web page you go to, to either watch in your browser, or in a downloadable app.
- Wait for JLC to go live.
- Enjoy the class! Zoom has lots of helpful features to help with discussion and Q&A.
- If you want to watch again (or for the first time) after the live class is over, use the same email link. Most classes will be available for a week after broadcast, our half hour meditations will be available until the next half hour meditation.
What will the cost be?
'Pay as you go':
The cost of single purchase classes will be the same as for face-to-face classes, except for the half hour classes which are by donation. We hope this helps people who's financial situation may have been affected by the crisis.
This is the best time ever to get a monthly subscription. Enjoy all of our classes, not just the ones you can travel to, and make significant savings over paying for individual classes. Subs can be stopped at any time. Subs still register through Eventbrite using the 'monthly subscriber' ticket option on the course page. Click here to find out more about becoming a subscriber.
Please note: Your link to your purchased class is just for you. Sharing it with others could affect your registration. Everyone watching should have purchased a ticket, same as if you were coming to a face-to-face class. Jangchub Ling basically breaks even and maintaining revenue stream means we can still be here for everyone when this crisis is over. Thank you.
Who can join?
Anyone for whom Jangchub Ling Centre is their nearest centre. We're not accepting attendees from outside of this area so that all Kadampa centres will still be around to open their doors when the outbreak is over. Please support your local centre! To find your nearest Kadampa Centre, please use the search facility on this page: www.kadampa.org/centres-modern-buddhism. Thank you.